Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Open Letter...


It is not that I am lazy; I thought if I write this it would come out better than saying it.  

An open letter of gratitude to those who have been so supportive:

Dearest Friend:  Aside from the fun-good times, you have been there in my time of need, to listen without judgement, to offer an objective perspective, a shoulder to lean as well as cry on and to encourage me the way a friend only knows how.  Empathy and solace would be good words to use, however they do not do justice to that which you have offered, provided and given to me. 

This last little while has been full of heartbreak, frustration and tragedy however you have provided me a place where I feel safe to have my raw moments.  You see me even though I try to ‘hide’ me. As I navigate my way through reconciling all of these events to get back to the ‘usual me’; I am beyond thankful for being intuitive enough to be there even though I do not ask for it; giving me space when I need it as well as, challenging me when I think I need to stop.  These small things are what is helping to keep me together while I mend a seemingly very fractured me. 

You truly know who cares for you when they are there in your moments of need.  To say I am grateful is an understatement.  Without you in my life, in my corner during my conflicts of struggle I know that you have my best interests at heart, you want me to succeed in whatever I set out to do and ultimately to be happy.  I hope you know that I in turn want this for you, a life full of the happiness you desire, that which you need most in order to be happy.

With sincerest with gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment