Monday, July 2, 2012

A celebration...even with family

It was a weekend full of good times and memories, a dear member of my family married their love.  The experience was lovely, and full of some great personal touches which I hope that they will remember for the rest of their happy lives together. 

In one way I am sad because this family member is moving away. However my being happy for them far exceeds this sadness, in that they get to start another chapter in their lives together, not to mention that I get to have another place to visit family.  I do so hope that my 'big brover' and his new bride the most successful life together filled with more joy than they can count.  It gives me hope in that there is someone for everyone and, in due time that these two people will find each other.

I was a little apprehensive in going, in that most of my family members I have kept at a distance because of past hurt.  This time away from them was warranted, it gave me time to breath, and think.  It also let me be my own person free of clouded judgement and a new perspective.  A dear friend who went with me, in moral support only made the experience that much better.  I guess with the combination of the mix of strangers, a celebration and combine the location (it being out of the country) made for an event where everyone was in good spirits and for the most part in good taste. I am glad to have gone to the wedding and to been a part of  my cousin's celebrations. 

I hope in some way that my keeping my distance from my family realized that on some level I am ready (in small doses) to integrate myself back in.  I guess we will see how this experiment goes....




No comments:

Post a Comment